I know of some cases where NKT was able to oppress information by academics by threatening to sue them.
Now there is obviously a new case and the question is, how this will turn out…
It is known that UK is among those countries with the strictest libel laws. But what is meant to be a protection to be infamized has been used by powerful organisations to repress information too. The rather funny point here is that NKT threats to sue based on mere speculations gained from an Amazon announcement.
Quite quickly after the announcement of Gary Beesley’s book at AMAZON he and his publisher received two letters threatening a legal case. Check yourself what to think about all of this…
Details And Some Discussion
- Dialogue in Ireland: Gary Beesley Buddhist scholar forced to withdraw ‘A Cuckoo in the Peacock Palace’
- NKT World: Anatomy of NKT Lawsuit Threat
- UK publisher of the book “Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief”, Transworld, recently pulled out and scrapped its printing – “‘If Arnie can be Governor then I can be President’ says Tom Cruise” by The Independent
- New Kadampa Tradition threatened to sue NBO too July 3, 2010
- Good Night Lama – The “Blackmail Tape” 2010/14/07
Note: The responsibility for the correctness and truthfulness of the content of external links is in the hands of the owners of those websites.