There is a series of cartoons from a former NKT nun which are well made and shed light on life within the New Kadampa Tradition / Kadampa Buddhism.
It makes me very sad to watch them.
I can highly recommend these clips. Here is a brief selection:
- Can You Afford To Stay In Your Own Room
- Spread the Dharma
- Punished For Being Human
- Lojong Teachings
- Suffer More
- Dear Geshe-la
- Emptiness & Suffering
- NEW Bystanders
- MORE: Cartoon YouTube Channel
Some new discussions or links:
- NKT, Succession and ‘The Rules’ by Vishvapani
- the meaning of the term “purity” on Maitreya Buddhist Centre’s Blog
- see also News*, Archives, and
- When a non-virtuous action is legal…
* The new generation of NKT practitioners stick now to the Internal Rules of NKT and have brought their case to the British Charity Commission. Both, the charity trustees and NKT, have agreed to accept the Charity Commission’s guidance to settle their dispute. This is quite of an amazing development because so far NKT leadership decided everything and disobedient members were just expelled or pushed to go.
Last edited by tenpel on January 16, 2014 at 12:58 am